Will it work?
- The jet starts near the center (a long way to get turbulent).
- The top surface isn't curved (no Coanda effect style lift).
- The air intake is at the bottom (a problem during take off).
- During forward flight, the top flow is easily disturbed.
No real-life experiments know.
But it looks great and if it works, it works.
- Radial expansion of the jet of air, and entrainment of ambient air, will lower the pressure on top.
- No downwash
- Land on water and almost all other surfaces
- VTOL of course
- many other good things.